Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Upcoming Landmark Histories

I think it's clear I'm a huge fan of the Landmark Ancient Histories edited by Robert B. Stassler. For anyone else wondering what is forthcoming in the series and the timing, I stumbled across this note posted by Mr. Stassler to a query on an Amazon.com board:
I am avery much alive, and up to my ears in the effort to publish four more Landmark Series volumes. Anticipated Publication dates are: 2017, Landmark edition of Julius Caesar, 2018, Landmark edition of Xenophon's Anabasis, 2019, a Landmark edition of the works of Polybius, and 2020, a Landmark edition of Ammianus Marcellins. These volumes require a lot of care and much time. I have no publication plans after that, thank you.

While the last comment saddens me, I'm excited to see what is planned in this superb series. I will pass on additional information as I find out more.

No comments: