Monday, September 17, 2007

Rudyard Kipling Resources and Upcoming Books/Stories

Project Gutenberg e-texts

Wikipedia entry on Kilping

The New Readers' Guide to the works of Rudyard Kipling (created by The Kipling Society)

The Victorian Website page on Kipling


Most of these sites have additional links and resources listed, as well as several links to Kipling’s works online. There is a wealth of material available!

The next couple of weeks I will cover Kipling’s Kim and the 1950 film version with Errol Flynn. I might read another of Kipling’s short stories before moving on to Joseph Conrad. For Conrad I’ll read Heart of Darkness (I’m interested to see how it compares to having read it in high school) and The Shadow-Line first, then see which of his other works I would like to tackle. If you’d like to join in or have any suggestions on these authors, please feel free to leave a note or drop a line.

No comments: