Saturday, January 23, 2016

MOOC: Don Quixote through Universidad Francisco Marroquín

Don Quixote has long been one of my favorite novels. While I have seen several online open courses covering the novel, I've never participated in one until now. I **highly** recommend exploring (or re-reading) the novel along with the course from instructor Eric C. Graf and through the Universidad Francisco Marroquín. I've just finished the first week of the course and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if you've read the novel several times, I think you will still learn a lot from Graf's presentations. Let me know if you check it out!

Update (27 Jan 2016): The course, as it stands now, only covers Part One of Don Quixote. I failed to make that clear in my post. Regardless, I'm really enjoying the course and learning quite a bit more about the book!

5 comments:

seraillon said...

Dwight - thanks for the heads-up on this. I signed up, as I'm about to start the second half of the book. I may just peruse the videos until the course starts in on the second part, then try to keep pace.

Dwight said...

Ah, I should have been clearer...thanks for bringing this to my attention. The course (as it stands now) only covers Part One. Even if that's all it does, you'll get a lot out of it that isn't noted in any edition. Let me know how it...the course and the reading...goes! Oh, and feel free to make fun of my posts in the classroom forums.

seraillon said...

Well I already got quite a bit just from the first video - it's always helpful to have some framework. I should have been more attentive to the fact that only part one is covered, but as you note, I'm likely to get a lot of the course regardless. I've yet to wander into the forum, but you may see me there soon enough.

Dwight said...

Please add your comments to the posts I make...I'm happy to hear what others think (even when they think I'm full of it). I still have a question posted that hasn't been answered...in the first video, there is a reference to Galdos. So you know I focused on that...but I'm still hoping to find out where the reference was from. Hope to see you there!

Dwight said...

For what it's worth, you might be interested the Yale Open Course on the book: Span 300: Cervantes'' Don Quixote. The more you know, and all that...