Sunday, February 24, 2019

Graham Parker And The Rumour: This Is Live



I feel like I need to apologize for blog silence lately. I'll pass on the enjoyable find I stumbled across today on Shout Factory TV: Graham Parker And The Rumour: This Is Live. "Filmed for a scene in Judd Apatow’s 2012 motion picture This Is 40, Graham Parker & The Rumour: This Is Live presents the complete concert for the very first time." More on the concert can be found at Pop Matters. While not totally disagreeing with the author, I've found Parker's energy in the last decade isn't the same as it was in the '70s and '80s, but it's there nonetheless (although probably not translating to the screen in the same manner).

One of these days I'll need to write about the fun music scenes I've been fortunate to see, especially the re-birth of Deep Ellum in Dallas during the mid-1980s. I look at my boys now and can't imagine dropping them off at the '70s concerts my parents ferried me to when I was 14. I want to thank my parents for what they did, while wondering at the same time what the hell were they thinking?

Anyway, for those so inclined, enjoy.

No comments: