Thursday, June 30, 2016

Richard Brautigan, The Lowest Pair, and Thou


If anyone else in the San Francisco Bar area is interested in seeing The Lowest Pair at Doc's Lab on September 8th, drop me a note here or via email (see my Profile). I'd love to meet up with some of you and enjoy the evening together.

I know...bluegrass/roots music isn't for everyone, but this is the group I can't stop playing lately. Summer tends to pull me back to my redneck roots. Plus Kendl Winter was nice enough to answer some questions I had about lyrics and references to Richard Brautigan. Short answer: Yes, the references are there. Nice to know I haven't hit complete dotage yet. Although I'm pretty sure it won't be long...

Update: Looks like I'll be going to their Santa Cruz show on September 11 instead. They keep adding dates, so be sure to check their website for changes and additions.

Update: An interview with the group at The Grateful Web, which includes a writers they enjoy.

No comments: