Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Childhood favorites


To commemorate HBO’s documentary Namath, I present my 4th grade class picture with me wearing his jersey. What the picture doesn’t reflect is that I was barefoot—the info board covers that detail. I refused to wear shoes to school until 5th grade (and I was lied to in order to get me to wear shoes at that point).

This was my third class picture wearing #12. My dad disliked Namath…or rather he disliked what he thought he represented. Starr…Unitas…those were his kind of QBs. Me, I liked Namath and Lamonica from this period (I was a huge football fan in my youth). Fortunately, other than passing comments on what he valued, my dad never put my choice of favorites down. Hopefully I’ll keep the same perspective with my kids.

View the pic and weep for the 60s and 70s. For my family--yes, you're allowed to laugh in front of me.

Too funny...I almost forgot I had posted something similar a year ago upon reading the article Who Lost Super Bowl III?.

No comments: