Thursday, May 20, 2010

And that's the way it was

Thanks to The Little Professor's post At the dawn of time..., I went back to check out my first order in 1998 at Amazon. Has it been that long since I read these? Over thirteen years ago I received in the mail

Paris in the Fifties, Stanley Karnow. His outing to buy Beaujolais still causes a smile.

A History of the American People, Paul Johnson. I enjoyed his Modern Times much more than this, although the early chapters are good.

God Is My Broker : A Monk-Tycoon Reveals the 7 1/2 Laws of Spiritual and Financial Growth, Christopher Buckley. I'm so-so on Buckley's satire in general, but I enjoyed this one. Of course, any monk with a taste for Chateau Figeac (I believe it was) is OK in my book. At one of our county libraries I found this filed at the end of the T's for Brother Ty, listed as one of the "authors".

No comments: